Monday, January 11, 2010

$146.07 - Bathroom Remodel Begins

Tonight Kip and I hit Lowes.

And can I just say - I never quite got that Lowes-T advertising campaign? I finally asked, "What is this Lowes - T campaign about..." Kip wisely suppressed his regular shit-eating grin and said, "Um...I think they are trying to say lowest?" Ok, so I'm not always the sharpest tool in the shed.

For the first time ever I think, I was totally prepared with a vision, a quest, a vision-quest of types. I had a list, I had measurements of nearly everything we might need, I had concepts and coordination. I was a design star.

I was SURE I wanted a pedestal sink, like this.



Which was perfectly respectable....but then we saw this...and we both went, "hmmmm".



And then we began looking at accessories...fun.



And check out this cool mirror.



We progressed around the floor to lighting, flooring, moulding/trim, paints, toilet seats...and while we did the room started to come together. Tonight was the little things - the light ($12.98), the faucet ($89.00), the toilet seat ($19.98 - goodbye oak wood!), and 3 different floor tile samples ($2.88). Later this week, we'll return for the sink cabinet, the accessories, the paint, the moulding. And the remodel truly begins.

Close your eyes and imagine colors called Crisp Linen, Roasted Garlic, and Thunderstorm with travertine floor (ok it's peel and stick, but still), some brushed nickel accessories and lighting, 4" moulding chair rail, and cherry cabinet with farmhouse style sink.

You're drooling right?

Keep your fingers crossed that it looks as good in reality as it does in my busy little brain.

4 comments:

  1. I don't know why you are shocked that you chose something with a cabinet -weren't you just telling me how much you LOVE storage space? Regardless, I LOVE where you are going with this. Can't wait to watch the progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it already.. I cant wait to see it! You should really check out that green demolitions place though if you are buying a cabinet like that, they had those there for around 50 bucks & the sinks were way less too they even had almost identical towel bars & shelves there new in the box for pennies.... Crisp linen is one of my favorite colors for a bathroom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds Great! I know you need storage space, but just think/image - with a pedestal sink it opens the room up; that bathroom is small. Just an added thought before you purchase it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bahahahahahaaaaaa. I am totally that person who reads "Lowes-T" and doesn't get it. I laughed out loud and read this to my husband who said "That is totally you." I am far too literal at times. And I would go for that vanity/cupboard/mirror combo for my bathroom. I need a new vanity. No, I need to do a bathroom makeover too, but we only have one shower in the house. Gutting the bathroom would involve not showering for a week.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Your Host

Blog Archive

 

Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved | Revolution church Blogger Template by techknowl | Original Wordpress theme by Brian Gardner